In Major League Major Gifts you will
- Learn how to go from meeting a potential supporter for the first time to closing and stewarding their charitable gifts.
- Have what it takes to be 100% confident every time you talk about your favorite cause that you will inspire others to support it.
- End all the trial and error and lost time of figuring out what works in fundraising.
- Practice the same techniques that have helped other causes raise well over $1 million in less than 8 months. Even with no prior fundraising experience!
When you enroll in Major League Major Gifts you’ll get
- Six information-packed videos
- A 28 page Ask Masters Major League Major Gifts Series Guidebook
- 9 fundraising exercises to help you get the best fundraising results
- 12 easy to follow forms to help you identify, organize and coordinate your fundraising activities
- Unlimited email support between sessions
- Four months free membership in the Master’s Circle
I am very excited. In fact I am so excited that every step of the way, I am formulating the answers to your questions in terms of how I would say it to the Board of Trustees. And then, I miss something you’ve said, and I have to start over again. Putting fun back into fundraising is putting it mildly for me. Who would have figured? Trine Aschim – Volunteer at Fisher Museum Harvard Forest and Isabella Stewart Gardner
Our whole team felt a higher level of confidence and renewed their enthusiasm! Heidi is not only a genius at fund raising strategy, but also a wiz at providing doable ways to increase major gifts right now when you need them the most. Lilly Coniglio – Creative Leadership Solutions
Major League Major Gifts Session list
Session 1 – Put the FUN Back in Fundraising!
Run Time: 47m
In Put the Fun Back in Fundraising you will set goals and determine how to make your fundraising easy. You will discover the life-cycle of a donor and what that life cycle looks like in your organization. In this session you will
- Determine personal reasons for supporting cause
- Describe the two fundraising models
- Identify donor life-cycle fundraising activities
- Evaluate current prospect base
- Establish methods to re-engage donors
Session 2 – Move from Transaction to Transformation
Run Time: 54m
What’s the difference between transactional fundraising and transformational? How do you move a donor onto the path to transform your organization? In this session you will
- Discern the differences between transactional and transformational fundraising
- Identify activities to engage prospects and donors at the highest level
- Find the prospects who are most likely to transform your cause
Session 3 – Find the Right Connection
Run Time: 1h28m
Fundraising is more than a presentation and a request for support. How do you connect your prospect with what motivates them to make a gift? We’ll discuss how to find the connection with your donor or prospect. In this session you will
- Determine what intellectual and emotional benefits your community, constituency, and donor/prospect receive from your cause
- Learn critical interviewing skills to find out the level of interest and motivation to support your cause
- Learn how to find out what motivates your donor/prospect in an informal setting
- Determine your cause’s main strategic objectives
- Learn how to engage your donor/prospect in a formal setting with a goal of long-term involvement and support
Session 4 – Major Gift Solicitations – The Legwork Behind the Scenes
Run Time: 54m
A successful major gift request is 95% cultivation and preparation and only 5% solicitation. You’ll set your preparation, practice, and approach steps. We’ll discuss how to get the best request for the largest gift on the table. In this session you will
- Select your sources for ‘intelligence’ about your prospects and donors
- Learn how to interpret information to determine the best request for the largest gift
- Establish rehearsal goals for fundraising meetings
Session 5 – Major Gift Solicitations – The Ask
Run Time: 1h6m
Here is everything you need to know about presenting your Major Gift request. We’ll discuss structuring your request and ways to get the “ask” out. Then we cover closing techniques, and how to refocus your prospect on the urgency of your mission.
In this session you will
- Set individual steps to position your cause for the best gifts
- Develop the agenda to follow during the request that leads to success
- Determine exactly what to say during your request
- Discover the most effective techniques for handling responses to requests
Session 6 – Major Gift Solicitations – Closing and Stewarding
Run Time: 1h1m
70 percent of your donors will need more time to make their gift decision. Success is in the follow-up to the solicitation. It’s time to close that gift! Your success in fundraising doesn’t end at gift receipt, but with donor retention and gift upgrades.
In this session you will
- Learn the most effective closing techniques
- Discover when and how to increase a new gift
- Set your specific acknowledgement steps
- Develop your donor re-engagement plan for stewardship of their gift.
- Determine your cultivation steps for the next request