Whether you are a part of an organization that is just getting started, or supporting a cause that has a long history of service, the methods we use to connect and communicate are undergoing rapid change. When we consider the wide variety of ways we interact with each other just in the ‘virtual’ world, we find that methods that work one day to join you with your community may not work on the next.
Staying up to date with these changes is essential to keeping your supporters engaged and abreast of what is happening with your cause. But finding time in your day to fit in yet another message and learn another social media platform can be overwhelming and discouraging. How do you know if you are effectively communicating your mission? What can you do to grow your community of supporters? What should you do to motivate people to take action on behalf of your cause? Which platforms are a good match for your cause, anyway?
At Mosaic, we ask ourselves these same questions every day.
And to help you sort through the variety of options, we’re pleased to include a whole module in our Fundraising with Social Media series with an in-depth look at using Pinterest for nonprofits – a social platform – to promote and support your cause. I hope you will be able to join David Svet and me as we take a look at effectively applying specific communications and fundraising principles for your organization on Pinterest.
These are your 5 takeaways. With this module you will…
- Get the scoop on how Pinterest works and how to get started or augment your pinboard
- Check out how nonprofits are effectively creating campaigns in Pinterest
- See different strategic uses of Pinterest for nonprofits and how you could apply them to your cause (including raising funds!)
- Find out what the pitfalls are that you should avoid
- Learn how to structure your Pinterest ‘story’ to create interest, community, support, and funds for your cause.
We, at Mosaic, are passionate about helping you build sustainable change. We believe one of the best ways to help you create that change is by making best practices for nonprofits accessible. To check out our collection of fundraising with social media webinars, click here.
Looking forward to ‘seeing’ you soon!